Volunteer Organizations and Opportunities
Parental involvement can have big impact on student achievement.
In addition to engaging in your student’s learning, the are many opportunities for you to volunteer with the school. EPA proudly boasts a very active parent body. There’s PTO, School Improvement Council, classroom volunteers, Garden Committee, Mid-Autumn Festival Committee, Chinese New Year Gala and Auction Committee, and many other ways to be involved. Please contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Amy Roper for a listing of volunteer opportunities.
The EPA Parent Teacher Organization exists to bridge the connection between teachers and home. The PTO strives to enrich each student’s educational experience by providing additional resources for our teachers and students, as well as sponsoring a variety of school activities and events. Find out how to volunteer and buy spirit wear here.
Our PTO officers are:
- President: Adrian Laseter
- Vice President: Mary Margaret Johnson
- Secretary: Christy Hannon
- Treasurer: Janis Salter
- Past President: Tracy Bryant-Riches
School Improvement Council
SC Charter schools are not required to have School Improvement Council’s by state law like other public district schools. At EPA we feel that the benefits of a SIC are profound and we have a very active council that works with our principal on setting goals for the school.
Our SIC members are:
- Lisa Cole (Elected): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chris Guida (Elected): email@example.com
- Bethany Kellis (Elected): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Catherine Nolan (Elected): email@example.com
- Janis Salter (Elected): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tracey Waters (Elected): email@example.com
- Joan Hoffman (PastChair): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Winnie Johnson (Director): email@example.com
- Hua Yuan (Teacher of the Year): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sarah Allman (Teacher of the Year): email@example.com
- Mieke Perez (Board Liason): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Palash Daas (Community): email@example.com
- Dvera Hadden (GT Advisory Chair): firstname.lastname@example.org